Co-Chairs: Steven Lehotay and Katerina Mastovska
Pesticides Subgroup Chairs: Steven Moser and
Veterinary Drugs Subgroup Chairs: Eric Verdon and Jian Wang
Environmental and Emerging Contaminants (formerly “Unknowns”) Subgroup Chair: Thierry Delatour
Metals Subgroup Co-Chairs: Cory Murphy and Michelle Briscoe
2015 was a very good year for the Community. There was significant activity in all the subgroups. Dr. Joe Boison is being recognized with the Wiley Award and the Wiley Symposium will focus on the future of contaminants analyses.
The Veterinary Drugs Subgroup is working with AOAC to have an ERP at the annual meeting to review the AOAC Official Method 2012.25: Three Triphenylmethane Dyes Residues and Their Metabolites (Malachite Green, Leuco Malachite Green, Crystal Violet, Leuco Crystal Violet, Brilliant Green)in Aquaculture Product, LC-MS/MS for Final Action.
The Metals Subgroup's ERP met and approved a First Action method AOAC Official Method 2015.01 Heavy Metals in Food
Inductively Coupled Plasma–Mass Spectrometry First Action 2015.
a) Meeting Agenda
1. Community Subgroup Reports
- Pesticide Subgroup Update
- Collaborative Study planned for Pesticides in Dietary Supplements - CALL for PARTICIPANTS
b) Veterinary Drugs:
- 2015 AGENDA
- ERP review for possible Final Action recommendation - AOAC First Action method 2012.25 for triphenylmethane dye residue analysis in seafood
- Combined nitrofuran and chloramphenicol method – Single Lab Validation submitted for publication
c) Environmental and Emerging Contaminants:
- Contaminants Meeting Update
- Metals Meeting Agenda
- Metals Meeting Minutes
- China Shellfish Ban
- Arsenic in Foods
- Cr, Mo, Se in Infant Formula
- Arsenic Speciation
- ICP-MS Analysis of Low-Level As, Cd, Hg, and Pb in Food and Infant Formula – ERP - December 2014
- Heavy metal speciation – SPSFAM working group will prepare SMPR
- See SMPR 2014.005 Minerals and Trace Elements in Infant Formula and Adult/Pediatric Nutritional Formula
2. Other Community Updates and Needs
- AOAC 998.12 (C-4 Plant Sugars in Honey) method – Karyne Rogers, National Isotope Center, New Zealand and Lutz ElFlein, Intertek Food Services GmbH, Germany and the European Honey Commission are working on methodologies for authenticity of honey. The AOAC Official Methods Board does not intend to modify this method until further data is available.