Co-Chairs: Steven Lehotay and Katerina Mastovska
Pesticides Subgroup Chairs: Steven Moser and
Veterinary Drugs Subgroup Chairs: Eric Verdon and Jian Wang
Environmental and Emerging Contaminants (formerly “Unknowns”) Subgroup Chair: Thierry Delatour
Metals Subgroup Co-Chairs: Cory Murphy and Michelle Briscoe
2015 was a very good year for the Community. There was significant activity in all the subgroups.
- Dr. Joe Boison is being recognized with the Wiley Award and the Wiley Symposium will focus on the future of contaminants analyses.
- The Veterinary Drugs Subgroup is working with AOAC to have an ERP meeting to review the AOAC Official Method 2012.25: Three Triphenylmethane Dyes Residues and Their Metabolites (Malachite Green, Leuco Malachite Green, Crystal Violet, Leuco Crystal Violet, Brilliant Green)in Aquaculture Product, LC-MS/MS for Final Action.
- The Metals Subgroup's ERP met and approved a First Action method AOAC Official Method 2015.01 Heavy Metals in Food
Inductively Coupled Plasma–Mass Spectrometry First Action 2015.
a) Meeting Agenda
1. Community Subgroup Reports
a)Veterinary Drugs: Meets Tuesday, September 29, 2015, 11:45 am - 1:15 pm
- 2015 Vet Drugs AGENDA
- AOAC First Action method 2012.25 for triphenylmethane dye residue analysis in seafood
- Combined nitrofuran and chloramphenicol method – Single Lab Validation submitted for publication
b)Metals: Meets Tuesday, September 29, 2015, 1:30 - 3:00 pm
- Metals Meeting Agenda
- SPSFAM Heavy Metals in Foods ERP
- SPSFAM Speciated Arsenic in Foods ERP
- 2014 Arsenic Speciation Interlab study
- Selenium speciation in yeast
- Calibration matrix effects on inorganic arsenic with LC-ICP-MS
c) Environmental and Emerging Contaminants: Meets Tuesday, September 29, 2015, 4:30 - 6:00 pm
d)Pesticides: Meets Tuesday, September 29, 2015, 6:15 - 7:45 pm
2. Other Community Updates and Needs